Sunday, July 4, 2010

Seed GROW Project July Update

My nasturtiums are getting bigger.  No blooms just yet.  The red things you see in the background are actually my first tomatoes from my garden.  I just returned yesterday from 12 days in Alaska.  It was beautiful there, sometimes I had to pinch myself to remind me that everything around me was real.  The photo below was taken outside of a lodge near Mt McKinnley.  I was there right after summer solstice, so they had almost 24 hours of sunlight.  Combine that with cooler weather (60-70's) and they grow some very large plants in a very short amount of time.  I would ask what certain plants were, only to find out they were the same thing I had in my own garden...only super sized!
"I'm growing Nasturtium "Spitfire" for the GROW project. Thanks, to Renee's Garden for the seeds."

4 comments:

Monica the Garden Faerie said...

Wow, you have the lushest foliage of anyone I've seen. And I'm envious about the tomatoes. :)

Colleen Vanderlinden said...

Monica beat me to it -- as soon as I saw your photo I thought how much bushier and more lush your 'Spitfires' are than mine.

Hosta Nerd said...

Wish I could take credit for those, but the really bushy ones were a picture I took in Alaska, where everything grows big.

MrBrownThumb said...

That looks like a nice healthy plant you got there. Hopefully they start to bloom soon.