Sunday, August 1, 2010

Seed GROW Project August Update


July?  What happened to July?  It can't be August already?  Well, in my little corner of the world July brought record rainfalls and hail.  My nasturtiums that I planted early growing tons of large leaves.  They even bloom every once and a while, which I get to see if the earwigs don't eat them first.  I have two tomato plants in the area, and I have been using Haven Brand Moo Poo tea on them.  So my nasturtiums may be benefiting from the moo poo tea or the 10+ inches of rain we received this month.  I planted some of the "spitfire" nasturtiums later in spring, and they are coming up too, though they may not be receiving enough light were I planted them.
My early planted "spitfire" nasturtiums.

My later planted "spitfire" nasturtiums.
I'm growing Nasturtium "Spitfire" for the GROW project, thanks to ReneesGarden.com for the seeds.

4 comments:

Monica the Garden Faerie said...

I was just thinking the same thing about my old friend, July... your nasties are looking good!

Candice Suter.....Sweetstuff said...

Your garden is so lush and green. I am glad all the rain has been good for your garden.

MrBrownThumb said...

I had the same problem with earwigs and my blooms earlier this season. Since it has dried out some, not so much.

Hosta Nerd said...

It never seems to dry out here. If it's not raining, it 90% humidity, it's like living in a rainforest.